The executive with primary responsibility for strategic human capital development. The CLO ensures that all learning investments focus on accomplishing the organization s mission, strategy, and goals;
- provides a single point of accountability for those investments;
- develops the corporate learning strategy;
- creates a culture of continuous learning;
- fosters communities of practice;
- integrates training functions;
- drives cultural transformation;
- measures the impact on organizational performance.
The CLO increasingly reports to either the CEO or senior vice president of HR. He or she is to learning what the CFO and CIO are to finance and information technology.