CloudingSMEs is motivated by the need to lower the barriers associated with the adoption of cloud based solutions by SMEs, while also considering the need to facilitate SME providers of cloud solutions with the aim to sustain and strengthen their positions in a very competitive cloud computing market. Specifically, the main motivating factors behind CloudingSMEs are:
- The unsatisfactory adoption rates of cloud computing technologies within SME communities, despite relevant benefits.
- The fact that SMEs need practical support in their cloud computing related decisions and initiatives.
- The potential of cloud computing technologies to boost competitiveness and growth of SMEs and the need to unveil and boost this potential.
- The lack of market solutions focused on micro SME needs.
- The need for consolidating SME requirements as a means of achieving/boosting interoperability, harmonization and economies of scale